LEADERSHIP FACTORY 5
The Components of a Leader
So (David) shepherded them according to the integrity of his heart, and guided them with his skillful hands. (Psalm 78:72 NASB)
- The Integrity of the Heart
- The Skillful work of his Hands
- The Strategy to fulfill the Hope
Preparing our Hearts
There are 12 important qualities of the heart that every great leader should build into their life. (Here are the first 5)
The Leader God Uses…
Has a clear and compelling purpose in life.
My goal is to know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death. Philippians 3:10
But I consider my life of no value to myself; my purpose is to finish my course and the ministry I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of God’s grace. Acts 20:24
Success is… KNOWING your purpose, GROWING your potential, and SOWING seeds into others’ lives.
Has learned to lead themself first.
All those who compete in the games use self-control so they can win a crown. That crown is an earthly thing that lasts only a short time, but our crown will never be destroyed. 1 Corinthians 9:25
3. Has completely surrendered their life to be used by God.
So brothers and sisters, since God has shown us great mercy, I beg you to offer your lives as a living sacrifice to him. Romans 12:1
Our Service Mantra: Anything, Everything, or Nothing at all.
Has a passionate prayer life.
When a believing person prays, great things happen. James 5:16
Prayer works; prayer is our work; and prayer leads us to work.
Has a habit of reading God’s Word, the Bible.
Leaders are Readers! (If you have trouble reading, there are lots of audio resources available for you to listen and learn from.)
They love the Lord’s teachings, and they think about those teachings day and night. Psalm 1:2
Questions to Consider
- If nothing was impossible, and you could meet any need in our world, what need would you rise up to meet? What can you do about this need now, in your present situation?
- When we discover our purpose in life, we are motivated to do something big for God. What is your purpose in life? What are you determined to do for God? What do you see happening as a result of what you will do?
- There are many barriers that can hold us back from fulfilling God’s purpose. What can you do to maintain character and integrity to insure you fulfill your purpose?
- Prayer and faith are partners to see purpose fulfilled. Do you expect results when you pray? How confident are you that God will use you to fulfill His will? How does reading the promises in God’s Word build your faith?
- God uses leaders who have a life-changing message for a lost world. What is your life message? If you don’t really know, who do you know that can help you discover your life- message? How are you preparing to share that message with the world?
Photo courtesy of: © Orcea David | Dreamstime.com – Heart Shape Light