Leadership Factory 7: Capturing and Completing a God-Given Vision
Listen to this inspiring episode of Leadership Factory: Building Leaders with Purpose where you’ll discover how to capture and complete your God-given vision:
Without a vision, the people perish. Proverbs 29:18
What Is Vision?
- “Vision is seeing the future, in the present, built on the past.”
- “Vision is seeing the invisible and making it visible.”
- “Vision is an informed bridge from the present to a better future.”
My Favorite Definition of Vision:
Vision is a clear and compelling picture of a preferred future.
“Vision is foresight with insight based on hindsight.”
How to Fulfill God’s Vision
Get off the bench and onto the playing field. (Matthew 9:35a)
“DON’T JUST SIT THERE, DO SOMETHING!”
Communicate the vision you already have. (Matthew 9:35b)
“START DOING WHAT I ALREADY KNOW.”
Understand the reality of the human condition. (Matthew 9:36a)
“SOMETHING SHOULD BE DONE ABOUT THIS!”
Let God to burden you with a specific need. (Matthew 9:36b)
“I MUST DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!”
Ask God to show you a solution. (Matthew 9:37)
If your vision can be accomplished by you alone, it’s too small of a vision.
“WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT THIS?”
Pray about what you could do to meet that need. (Matthew 9:38)
“I WILL DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!”
Choose a team and empower them for partnership. (Matthew 10:1)
“COME HELP ME DO SOMETHING.”
Take immediate action to fulfill the vision. (Matthew 10:5)
“LET’S DO SOMETHING TOGETHER NOW!”
The Vision of The Connection Church
Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Ephesians 3:20
We dream of a place where:
- Lives are changed
- Real needs are met
- Families are strengthened
- Godly leaders are developed
- People are loved
- God is worshipped with passion
God’s vision for The Connection Church has captured our hearts. I see:
- A church with a come-as-you-are culture where people are welcome and feel comfortable, no matter their background to experience God’s grace and truth through creative services with messages that are biblical and practical and music that is modern and relevant.
- A church that loves children and builds a strong spiritual foundation for a successful life. Where students have a blast in a dynamic youth ministry that meets them right where they are and lets them know they matter to God. Where families are healed and marriages are strengthened.
- A church where people gather in homes all over our area to grow in their walk with God and in their friendships with each other in relationships that will last a lifetime.
- A church that is serving our community and lifting people out of hopeless situations into a life of hope and purpose.
- A church with a beautiful campus on at least 25 acres of land with simple, attractive buildings where people of all ages can gather together to connect with God and each other. This will be a regional church for people between Austin and San Antonio.
- A church that is raising up a generation of godly leaders who will influence our nation.
- A church that is going around the world to spread the Good News.
- A church that starts many other churches to impact their region for Christ.
- A church full of committed followers of Christ who will do whatever it takes to see God’s vision become a reality in our lifetime.