“Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity.” Colossians 4:5
Paul is talking about reaching people who are outside of the church. He says 2 things. First, “Be wise.” It takes wisdom to reach people who are not connected with a church family. Second, we need to leverage the opportunities that come our way to connect people with Jesus.
“Winning souls is wise.” Proverbs 11:30
It’s time to wise up!
At The Connection Church, we have grown through Big Days like Easter.
Why are these Big Days like Easter so important?
A Big Day at Easter can…
- Create excitement.
- Create unity of purpose.
- Create an awe moment for the community.
- Help you to connect with new people.
- Grow your vision.
- Focus your prayers.
- Stretch your faith.
- Encourage people to invite friends.
- Make a big impact.
- Increase your volunteers.
HOW DO YOU DO IT?
- Rally your team to PRAY BIG!
- Have a “normal” service so people can see what your church looks like on a normal weekend.
- Enlist people to serve.
- Invite by spreading the word through social media as well as other means.
- Consider additional service times.
- Plan the service well.
- Start a new series ON that day.
- Follow-up quickly with guests.
- Have fun!
- Celebrate and Recover.