Whenever you see the tip of an iceberg, you can be sure that you’re only seeing 10% of the total ice, most of which is under the surface of the water. That’s also what it’s like when looking at the impact made in lives through the local church. Those outward results that we see are the result of the 90% that happens behind the scenes that are often overlooked.
When God called us to start The Connection Church, we knew He wanted us to reach the people moving into our area who were far from Him. While 2018 certainly had its fair share of challenges, all in all, we saw God do some pretty incredible things through our church family in Buda and San Marcos. There is still so much to do, but as we move boldly into 2019, I wanted to take some time to reflect on the last year.
Highlights from 2018
- We had 320 people serving on our Dream Team to help people experience the life-changing power of Jesus!
- We baptized 74 people – from age 7 to age 72! It’s always amazing to see life change pictured right before our eyes.
- For the first time ever, we held our very own summer camps for kids and teenagers with over 120 campers and 75 adult leaders and many first time decisions for Jesus!
- We provided over 40,000 healthy meals to the children in our 3 villages of Agua Zarca, Plan de Avila, and El Raparadero!
- We ended the year on a high note with over 2300 people attending our Christmas services!
Those are really only the tip of the iceberg since we also gave in tangible ways through Angel Tree, Hays CISD, and to many individual needs of those in our local community. All of this was possible because of all the people who trusted God by serving and pouring into this ministry.
God has been so faithful to us at The Connection Church. He is opening new doors for us to walk through every day. People are being impacted by the involvement and generosity of our faithful connectors. I can’t wait to see the great things in store for us over the next 12 months!